Bergamot Trailplace  
An Appalachian Trail
Resource Website

Go Back   Trailplace Forums > Trailplace Happenings > Trailplace Gathering
Register Photos FAQ Members List Calendar Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2012, 01:54 PM

Default Andrew Skurka at Campmor Retail Store

Andrew Skurka, long distance, Ultimate Hiker will be appearing at the Campmor Retail Store in Paramus NJ. On Friday, 3.30.12 @ 7PM & Saturday, 3.31.12 @ 10:30AM. He will be speaking about his "Circling the Yukon" Alaska trip on Friday 3.30. On Saturday, 3.31 he will be speaking about gear and How-To do it based on his new book the “Ultimate Hiker's Guide - Tools & Techniques to Hit the Trail". He will show slides from his trips and take questions. With over 30,000 miles under his belt this should be fun and informative.
The talks are FREE. Seating is limited so arrive early. Books will be available for sale. Autographs only on books sold that day. Campmor Retail Store - 810 Route 17 North, Paramus, NJ 07652. This will be Andrew’s only metro NJ appearance. Don’t miss it.

Last edited by thetentman; 02-13-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:22 PM

Maybe he can help a few customers with their shoe purchases, as it appears that the regular store employees are unwilling to perform this task.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:38 PM

I'm looking forward to reading his new book. I wonder if he will be at Trail Days.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
I'm looking forward to reading his new book. I wonder if he will be at Trail Days.
here's his schedule through April 2012, I didn't see anything about trail days, but then I don't know what or when that is.

http://andrewskurka.com/slideshows-c...rent-schedule/
Old 02-17-2012, 03:02 PM

Andrew Skurka is a very interesting guy, but I've always wondered how the heck he found the time to hike over 30,000 miles? I love the fact that he was able to do it, but again, how did he find the time?
Old 02-18-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double d View Post
Andrew Skurka is a very interesting guy, but I've always wondered how the heck he found the time to hike over 30,000 miles? I love the fact that he was able to do it, but again, how did he find the time?
Doesn't he hike 50ish miles a day? You can knock off 1,000+ miles a month doing that. It adds up.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetentman View Post
Andrew Skurka, long distance, Ultimate Hiker will be appearing at the Campmor Retail Store in Paramus NJ. On Friday, 3.30.12 @ 7PM & Saturday, 3.31.12 @ 10:30AM. He will be speaking about his "Circling the Yukon" Alaska trip on Friday 3.30. On Saturday, 3.31 he will be speaking about gear and How-To do it based on his new book the “Ultimate Hiker's Guide - Tools & Techniques to Hit the Trail". He will show slides from his trips and take questions. With over 30,000 miles under his belt this should be fun and informative.
The talks are FREE. Seating is limited so arrive early. Books will be available for sale. Autographs only on books sold that day. Campmor Retail Store - 810 Route 17 North, Paramus, NJ 07652. This will be Andrew’s only metro NJ appearance. Don’t miss it.
Just a reminder that Andre Skurka will be at the store Friday and Saturday. Parking is limited and seating is free. So come early and consider carpooling. It will also be webcast LIVE on Google + HANGOUTS if you cn't make it and can tear yourself away from CAR TALK. Campmor's Google+ Hangout information.
http://gphangouts.com/google/hangout...0593899698451/

Hope you can make it.

Last edited by thetentman; 03-28-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:49 PM
Moderator / Admistrator

The Tentman - I sent a tweet about this today.

Cheers
Old 04-01-2012, 11:41 PM

Hope to see Andrew in Michigan in about two weeks. Did anyone go to Andrews presentation at Campmor?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double d View Post
...... Did anyone go to Andrews presentation at Campmor?
I had hoped to but work got in the way

Tags
appalachian trail, hiking, long distance, pct, skurka