Bergamot Trailplace  
An Appalachian Trail
Resource Website

Go Back   Trailplace Forums > Thru Hikers Handbook > Trail Town News
Register Photos FAQ Members List Calendar Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2012, 09:40 PM

Default Trail Days 2012

I know its still a couple of months away. But I was wondering if anyone was planning on going this year? .. Trail Days
Old 02-15-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
I know its still a couple of months away. But I was wondering if anyone was planning on going this year? .. Trail Days
If I am up and running by then I may try to go. I have never been. We''ll see.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmax View Post
Nah, and neither is anyone I know who used to go.

Trail Days has run its course - each year it's a new fiasco. Between the town acting like they're doing hikers a favor by holding the festival, questions about "where the money all goes", the police chief dealing meth (and getting caught), and all the locals who sneak around stealing packs, it's just not worth it anymore. Oh and did MRO ever fire that anti-semitic employee who openly harassed and refused to serve Jews?

The last year I went, the town spent a fortune on undercover officers, dressing them up like hikers and using them to bust people for tiny amounts of pot or having a beer in their tent. Meanwhile the cops turned a blind eye to all the locals who were sneaking into the campground and stealing. The next year, the town "solved the problem" by charging people $5 just to go visit their friends in the campground. The thefts continued - the locals know they can get away with it, their cop buddies look the other way.

Thre are much better hiker gatherings, IMHO.

Last edited by Just Jake; 03-19-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:53 PM

[QUOTE=.

Trail Days has run its course - each year it's a new fiasco. Between the town acting like they're doing hikers a favor by holding the festival, questions about "where the money all goes", the police chief dealing meth (and getting caught),

Maybe it ran its course years ago. Most, if not all events/ gatherings end up running on for a little too long.
And as far as the fiascos go, I could care less what the town thinks, where the money goes, or what a person did to get busted.
I'm there to see old friends, and make some new ones.
I also enjoy checking out the vendors
Sitting back with a cold beverage isn't too bad either.
Hopefully there will be some good speakers this year. I wouldn't mind going to one, or a slide show.

I might have to fill a cooler and sleep under the truck
Old 04-15-2012, 01:16 PM

Default traildays

was planning on it,but not sure if we can afford the road trip, we are seriously wanting to relocate from nebraska to some place along the trail around the roan highlands area,or between smokies and roanoke