Bergamot Trailplace  
An Appalachian Trail
Resource Website

Go Back   Trailplace Forums > Trail Talk > AT Trail Traditions / Quirks
Register Photos FAQ Members List Calendar Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2009, 10:28 AM

Don't hike naked either...no need to
Old 03-16-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
Don't hike naked either...no need to
To get this back on topic there is no "need" to night hike either. Or hike at all for that matter. It is not about "need" People should spend more time working on their own happiness and less time on criticizing, judging and condemning people who I have noticed seem a hell of a lot happier than those casting aspersions.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:19 PM

Question

Just wondering when TrailPlace started turning into WhiteBlaze?? Now the disputes are increasing into a bunch of threads and it's continuing to grow. We have went from battling about guns to hiking naked to hiking at night?

Next thing we will have, is a battle about not using an external frame BP, because it snags and breaks a branch, causing irrepairable, mental and disability to the growth of the tree......

Or it's better to use leaves when you go do your thing, because TP means cutting down trees....
Old 03-16-2009, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whisperingwind View Post
Just wondering when TrailPlace started turning into WhiteBlaze?? Now the disputes are increasing into a bunch of threads and it's continuing to grow. We have went from battling about guns to hiking naked to hiking at night?

Next thing we will have, is a battle about not using an external frame BP, because it snags and breaks a branch, causing irrepairable, mental and disability to the growth of the tree......

Or it's better to use leaves when you go do your thing, because TP means cutting down trees....
It was kinda like the day when a guy showed up sporting a bucket, a laptop and a AK-47.........................
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 PM

Not criticizing, judging and condemning at all...just not my thing...if you had a worn out body like mine might not be yours either!
Old 04-09-2009, 06:07 PM

Night hiking on the AT, I can't believe I didn't think of this! I was already excited for my thru next March, but now I just can't wait!!! My only real experience with night hiking is a 12 mile hike through Haleakala in Maui by the light of a full moon. Gives me goose bumps just thinking about it. So amazing.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:01 PM

Default Where can I see a good sunrise in Maryland?

Hello to all,

I've been reading through many of these forums, I can't wait to meet some of you folks on the trail. I plan to hike from Penmar to Harper's Ferry the first week of April. I would like to see a nice sunrise. Hiking in the dark or getting up early doesn't bother me(atleast not yet!) Any suggestions??

Thanks!

tristateinterpreter